I had the opportunity to attend a cooking class with Chef Massimo Bruno. The menu featured authentic Italian ingredients certified by the Italian Trade Commission and available at your local Loblaws!
Watch the adventure above and check out the recipe for my favourite pasta below!
Spaghetti Lemon and Tuna
- 1 lbs Del Verde Spaghetti
- 3 small cans of Rio mare tuna in olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Handful fresh basil
- Fresh black pepper
- PC Tuscany Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 table spoon coarse sea salt for the pasta
- Lemon zested and juicer
- 1 small knife to cut lemon in half
- Fork to mix the tuna
- Mixing bowl to hold the tuna sauce
- Add tuna into a bowl and mash it with a fork
- Add the zest and juice from a lemon
- Tear the basil with your hands add
- Drizzle a 1/3 of a cup of olive oil
- Add some fresh ground black pepper
- Keep mixing with a fork and mash very well with the tuna. It should not be too dry, add more lemon juice if needed.
- Bring a pot filled with water to a boil (4/5lt) and then add salt
- Once boiling, add the spaghetti and cook until “al dente” (slightly undercooked)
- With a slotted spatula, transfer the spaghetti directly into the bowl with tuna, add a little bit of cooking water from the pasta and mix very well
- Serve with fresh lemon zest on top and garnish with fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil